Re: [Evolution] IMAP-Account - new message count, but no messages

address?  If so, then nothing is ever shown at that level, it's just
folder and doesn't contain any messages.

Yes, I know that - but one can see the search field and its contents.
This is what I tried to describe.

The search field is folder specific. So deleting the contents of the
search field in one folder won't make any difference to any other
folder. What's more, the search doesn't work at all at the "account
entry" level.

Also, specifying a search in "Current Account" basically disables
everything until the search box is cleared.

Go to the Inbox and make sure the top bar has "Show: All Messages" and
that the "Search:" entry is empty (i.e. click on the icon at the far
right of the entry box).

Please read my last message completely.
Maybe it is a bit confusing, because I'm not a native speaker, but I
*thought* I had described exactly what I've done.
And for that your answer does not fit.

Yes, but involving the root folder level of the account is meaningless
- I was concerned that you thought you *should* be seeing things when
that folder was highlighted.

And: This is the only account showing that behaviour!

Have you tried deleting and recreating the account.  (Apologies if you
have said it before and I have missed it.) Or even rename the current
account and disable it (so there's no chance of the config being re-
used), then create a new version of the IMAP connection.

Ultimately, what you need to do is to create a new *Linux* user account
so that you have a completely clean configuration. Then when logged in
as that user, set up the IMAP account. If that behaves properly, then
it is nothing odd with the interaction with the server, but is a
configuration issue.

P.