Re: [Evolution] Muting Error Messages in main window

On Tuesday, October 25, 2016, Patrick O'Callaghan <poc usb ve> wrote:
> Left Side: A single line with real status messages, Fetching Message
> 561/12544 for example. or like out look "all folders up to date", "folder
> being updated". etc. Clicking it could bring a window with all log messages.

That would make sense if it was only doing one thing at a time, but of
course it's often doing several things at once and it can be useful to
know what they are, especially if something goes wrong

Yes, but we have to assume that things go right most of the time, and when things go wrong occasionally, we can always click the area to get more details. (ie a separate log window, an expanding window, etc.)

In any case, while doing several things at once, we never have the chance to read what's going on since they remain a fraction of a second in the status area, or shunk down to a size which is unreadable if there are many messages coming up.

Emre

--
Br,
Emre