Re: [Evolution] Muting Error Messages in main window

On Mon, 2016-10-24 at 16:49 +0400, Emre Erenoglu wrote:
The error message in Evolution shall be less obtrusive and I think
such change, if accepted, is within Evolution main window.   A small
icon and a sticky text on the bottom right corner can highlight an
error situation and clicking it can reveal more details.

        Hi,
it used to be "less intrusive" in the past, in a very similar way you
outlined above, hiding the message in the status bar. Not many people
knew that they can get any details about the error at all.

What I aimed for was a change in the evolution-activesync to use
GNetworkMonitor (or better ENetworkMonitor from eds) to check first
that the destination server is available and only if it is then do the
network I/O, which can eventually fail, but with other error message
than the one you see. The IMAPx and other remote accounts do that, and
you get that "online/offline" icon in the folder tree for them.
        Bye,
        Milan