Re: [Evolution] syncing Gmail contacts

On Wed, 2016-11-23 at 10:43 +0100, Bart Vliegen wrote:
... not Gnome Online Accounts ...

https://developers.google.com/accounts/docs/AuthForInstalledApps

Since Evolution is not in Debian backports, does this mean that I
can't sync my Gmail contacts while I am using the current stable
Debian release Jessie without installing a newer version of Evolution
from outside the official Debian repositories?

        Hi,
it looks like you didn't try to search the archives with the above URL,
neither GNOME's bugzilla, because otherwise you'd know the answer. You
may even get pretty good answers with "Gmail contacts", eventually
"Google contacts" in this list archive. It's a pita to repeat it again
and again...

...and again: Use GNOME Online Accounts (GOA), that provides OAuth2.
You can even enable only Contacts part in GOA, and use the rest from
within the evolution. As you do not use GNOME, just run/install
gnome-control-center from where you can access Online Accounts.

        Bye,
        Milan