From: Milan Crha <mcrha redhat com>
To: evolution-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [Evolution] syncing Gmail contacts
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2016 14:45:39 +0100

On Wed, 2016-11-23 at 10:43 +0100, Bart Vliegen wrote:
... not Gnome Online Accounts ... https://developers.google.com/accounts/docs/AuthForInstalledApps .... Since Evolution is not in Debian backports, does this mean that I can't sync my Gmail contacts while I am using the current stable Debian release Jessie without installing a newer version of Evolution from outside the official Debian repositories?
Hi, it looks like you didn't try to search the archives with the above URL, neither GNOME's bugzilla, because otherwise you'd know the answer. You may even get pretty good answers with "Gmail contacts", eventually "Google contacts" in this list archive. It's a pita to repeat it again and again... ...and again: Use GNOME Online Accounts (GOA), that provides OAuth2. You can even enable only Contacts part in GOA, and use the rest from within the evolution. As you do not use GNOME, just run/install gnome-control-center from where you can access Online Accounts. Bye, Milan _______________________________________________ evolution-list mailing list evolution-list gnome org To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ... https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list