Re: [Evolution] [offtopic] Color of selected text...

On Fri, 2016-05-20 at 18:39 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
Actually I didn't offend any CoC by mentioning that a majority of Linux
users consider a lot of GNOME's decisions as despotic, since this is
the truth.

"GNOME's decisions" do not really exist...
There are some teams and maintainers who make decisions though.
If you have specific ones in mind, feel free to bring them up 1) in a
way that does not insult other humans 2) in a better suited place.

I'm afraid that "someone was vocal and complained on the interwebs
about stuff they disagree with" is not a logical argument for "hence
what I'm writing must be the objective truth".
But more important, you missed the point: It's irrelevant what someone
considers to be true or not, or good or bad. It's how the choice of
words insults people instead of ideas. Shall I call you "despotic"
because you maintain software and I and some other folks disagreed with
some of your decisions? Is that the so-called "logic" here?

So what you're doing de facto is censorship.

Please consider looking up the definitions of the terms "censorship"
and "de facto". Or read my last email again. Thanks.

andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/