Re: [Evolution] Color of selected text...

On Tue, 2016-05-17 at 07:41 -0700, Dave Cole wrote:
I installed the stock webkit supplied in the testing channel.  All
software here save Google Chrome has been installed via Synaptic...

I am new enough to Linux, (a few years), that I do not know how to
find
out what version of gtk, libwebkitgtk was built against...  Sorry.

I took another update yesterday, hoping it would correct the issue, as
both libwebkit and Evolution were being updated, but alas, it is the
same...

Now on Evolution 3.18.5.1-1+b1

and

libwebkit 2.4.11-1

I do appreciate very much, your help in this!

Hi,

as far as I know you can not find out, since software usually is build
against the soname, wich is a link, since usually everything should be
backwards-compatibility within a major release, IOW things could break
between 2.x and 3.x or 3.x and 4.x, but should never break between 3.x
and 3.y.

[rocketmouse archlinux ~]$ objdump -p /usr/lib/libwebkitgtk-3.0.so | grep libgtk
  NEEDED               libgtk-3.so.0
[rocketmouse archlinux ~]$ ls -Ggl /usr/lib/libwebkitgtk-3.0.so
lrwxrwxrwx 1 27 Apr 15 04:45 /usr/lib/libwebkitgtk-3.0.so -> libwebkitgtk-3.0.so.0.22.17

Regards,
Ralf