Re: [Evolution] [offtopic] Color of selected text...

On Fri, 2016-05-20 at 18:39 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
Actually I didn't offend any CoC by mentioning that a majority of
Linux users consider a lot of GNOME's decisions as despotic, since
this is the truth. So what you're doing de facto is censorship.

IMO too off-topic, but I guess I should explain this.

People are often disappointed about decisions from upstream, but there
are two GNOME forks that became very, very popular, Cinnamon and Mate,
long before gtk3 3.20. Also many developers decided to switch from GTK
to Qt, e.g. LXDE started a transition a long time ago. There is nothing
else were this happened that massively. Not a single KDE fork ever
became popular.

However, with GTK3 3.20 a new level of annoying habit arises. Even
default themes get broken and nearly all custom themes. Until now many
release model distro users aren't affected, but take a look at e.g. the
Arch general mailing list, a real rolling release.

Developers for good reasons decided to use GTK instead of Qt and now for
good reasons they prefer much work to switch to Qt instead of staying
with GTK.

When I was talking about "despotism" I read back a common opinion with a
soft word, compared to the wide spread opinion about this problem.

I could go into details regarding the background, but this really would
be off-topic. So I'll stop now, with just explaining that it's not my
opinion, but a fact.

De facto the OP's issue is cause by a quasi invalid soname related to
3.20.

Regards,
Ralf