Re: [Evolution] Replacing POP by IMAP - Was: [solved] Is there a workaround for deleting messages after 1 day from the server?

On Thu, 2016-06-23 at 13:36 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On Thu, 2016-06-23 at 12:53 +0200, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
To me it sounds like what you really need is server-side
filtering.
But then there would be the need to use the provider's web
interfaces and those usually are a PITA.
I do that all the time. In fact I no longer use Evolution's filtering
at all. It's all done in Gmail, including junk control.

I have a Cyrus IMAP instance - where all the filtering is done by the
server - setup via Sieve & Horde's Ingo application.

So I rarely use client-side [Evolution in my case] filters.

Server side filtering is in almost every way a superior solution - it
just happens - at the time the message is delivered - so even things
like auto-responses work.

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam whitemice org> GPG D95ED383
openSUSE, a LINUX desktop for humans who need to get work done.