Re: [Evolution] html messages converted to plain text?

On Thu, 2016-07-14 at 14:12 +0000, Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
I think I got some additional insights:  It is the EWS connector, or our
version of Exchange.

As others have alluded, this is the problem.  When you send email via the EWS
connector, the message is handed to the msexchange server in a base64-encoded
blob, then msexchange takes it apart and mangles it according to server-set
rules/configuration before sending it out to recipients, then another level of
mangling happens if msexchange needs to convert it into SMTP email.  It's a
mess, which has nothing to do with evolution, and everything to do with the EWS
protocol and msexchange.

--
Brett Johnson<brett hpe com>
"Bureaucracy: a system by which people can do stupid things without anyone ever