From: Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net>
To: evolution-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [Evolution] Import filetypes
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 18:39:56 +0100

On Tue, 2016-01-26 at 11:36 -0500, John Lauterbach wrote:
Andre, the instructions are incomplete in that they do not include information on importing Outlook Express (OE) dbx folders.  While OE is an obsolete product, I still maintain my OE and the dbx folders on the Win XP side of my laptop.  When I moved over to evolution several years ago, I did not import the dbx folders for inactive clients.  Recently, one of the inactive clients recently became active, and I had no problem importing the client's dbx folder into evolution.
Could you elaborate how Outlook Express is different from Outlook when it comes to data formats? Does Outlook only use PST nowadays and is DBX only an Outlook Express format?  Asking as I have no Windows machine (or license) available. Evolution does provide an "Outlook DBX import" plugin but that is not covered in the docs (and it should not be covered if it is enabled by default). Specific improvement requests regarding the documentation page are welcome, and contributing patches against https://git.gnome.org/browse/evolution/tree/help/C/import-apps-outlook.page is even more welcome (see https://wiki.gnome.org/Git/Developers ). andre