Re: [Evolution] Import filetypes

Andre, the instructions are incomplete in that they do not include information on importing Outlook Express (OE) dbx folders.  While OE is an obsolete product, I still maintain my OE and the dbx folders on the Win XP side of my laptop.  When I moved over to evolution several years ago, I did not import the dbx folders for inactive clients.  Recently, one of the inactive clients recently became active, and I had no problem importing the client's dbx folder into evolution.

JL

-----Original Message-----
From: Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net>
To: evolution-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [Evolution] Import filetypes
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2016 17:02:59 +0100

On Tue, 2016-01-26 at 06:22 -0500, Robert wrote:
The greatest difficulty I am having, though, with client mail servers (which I thought Evo might have resolved) is in importing past or "saved" messages--especially when I purchase a new computer or install to a different OS (say, from Windows to Linux). I have saved--via zip--many of my past email messages either from TB or Eudora. Theses message filetypes are either ".eml" or ".msg" which I do not see in your instructions for importing...your instructions merely say "...and other filetypes."
Is the documentation incorrect?: https://help.gnome.org/users/evolution/stable/import-data.html If yes, please point out where so it could get fixed. Cheers, andre