Re: [Evolution] Import filetypes

On Tue, 2016-01-26 at 11:36 -0500, John Lauterbach wrote:
Andre, the instructions are incomplete in that they do not include
information on importing Outlook Express (OE) dbx folders.  While OE
is an obsolete product, I still maintain my OE and the dbx folders on
the Win XP side of my laptop.  When I moved over to evolution several
years ago, I did not import the dbx folders for inactive clients.
 Recently, one of the inactive clients recently became active, and I
had no problem importing the client's dbx folder into evolution.

Could you elaborate how Outlook Express is different from Outlook when
it comes to data formats? Does Outlook only use PST nowadays and is DBX
only an Outlook Express format?
Asking as I have no Windows machine (or license) available.

Evolution does provide an "Outlook DBX import" plugin but that is not
covered in the docs (and it should not be covered if it is enabled by
default).

Specific improvement requests regarding the documentation page are
welcome, and contributing patches against
https://git.gnome.org/browse/evolution/tree/help/C/import-apps-outlook.page
is even more welcome (see https://wiki.gnome.org/Git/Developers ).

andre
--