Re: [Evolution] Evolution/GPG

su. den 07. 02. 2016 klokka 11.56 (+0000) skreiv Patrick O'Callaghan:
On Sun, 2016-02-07 at 08:27 +0100, Stig Roar Wangberg wrote:
People tell me my letters aren't sign, or at least they can't see any
sign of it. Here, after sending it, it says "valid signature". When I
sing a letter in the terminal, it begins with a Hash: SHA256 and ends
with END PGP SIGNATURE. And if I paste in a sign letter from the
terminal into Evolution, it says "invalid signature". But I have only
one key.

I put in my ID under "security". I left the SHA valute to choose my
key
(I think). Can anyone clarify this for me, please?

You CANNOT simply paste a signed message into Evo and expect the
signature to be valid. The signature covers the entire message,
including the headers Evo adds before sending, so doing this absolutely
guarantees that the signature will be bad.

To use signed messages in Evo, simply click on PGP Sign (or S/MIME sign
if you have the certificate), then hit Send. There's nothing mysterious
about it and messing around with cut and paste from a terminal session
is completely unnecessary.

poc

Thank you! Exactly the answer I was looking for. (We've all been
amateurs at some point, I guess). Someone told me that the signature is
attached as a separate file, and that they can't open it nor view it. I
guess I was expecting my letters to look like they do in the terminal
when using --clearsign. When I receive letters, the always starts with a
like that too. Thank you for your patients. By learning I too can help
other in the future while promoting Evolution.