Re: [Evolution] Broken formatting of citation with WebKit composer

Dear Milan, dear Ralf,

Am Montag, den 08.08.2016, 11:09 +0200 schrieb Ralf Mardorf:
On Mon, 2016-08-08 at 10:57 +0200, Milan Crha wrote:

On Sun, 2016-08-07 at 15:05 +0200, Paul Menzel wrote:

Citations are by default not marked as preformatted, causing them to be
formatted really badly with no manual interaction, as you can see with
the line having *better* in it.

    Hi,
there is an option Edit->Preferences->Composer Preferences->Wrap quoted
text in replies, which influences just this. It's there because the
wrapping doesn't work for everyone, though if we'll find always-working
solution, then the option might be removed in the future releases.

That solved an issue for me, too :).

Before I unchecked it (and I needed to close and restart Evolution), the
formatting looked like this:

Citations are by default not marked as preformatted, causing them to
be
formatted really badly with no manual interaction, as you can see
with
the line having *better* in it.

    Hi,
there is an option Edit->Preferences->Composer Preferences->Wrap
quoted
text in replies, which influences just this. It's there because the
wrapping doesn't work for everyone, though if we'll find always-
working
solution, then the option might be removed in the future releases.

But indeed, it's a little bit annoying to manually switch from
"Preformatted" to "Normal".

Thank you very much. I confirm, that unselecting that option gets me
the desired behavior.

Thanks,

Paul