Re: [Evolution] Backing up Evolution Data

On Wed, 2015-09-09 at 10:25 +0200, Roy Reese wrote:
On Wednesday, 09/09/2015 Andrea Vai wrote:
I was also wondering about a better name... what about "Export
Evolution data" and "Import Evolution data"? Despite they would be
similar to the below "Import..." menu item, I think that they would
be clearly understood as different things (evo vs external data)

There is probably not a perfect solution to this, but the back and
forth reminds me that in the Spanish translation Evo uses "respaldar"
which has the sense of providing support (to back someone/something)
or in some cases to guarantee. Using "respaldar" for "to back up" may
be an accepted sense in some Latin American dialects, but here in
Spain you back up by making a backup copy ("hacer una copia de
seguridad"). So, in a curious way the Evo "backup" here is already
distinct from the "backup" we generally think of in English.

Interesting. AFAIK "respaldar" is universally used in Latin America. I
didn't know Spain was different (but then it often is :-)

poc