Re: [Evolution] Backing up Evolution Data

Il giorno mer, 09/09/2015 alle 00.13 +0100, Patrick O'Callaghan ha scritto:
On Tue, 2015-09-08 at 10:17 -0600, Zan Lynx wrote:
As has been said repeatedly, the "backup" command in Evo is not
intended for periodic backups but for when you need to move your
Evo
installation to another machine.

If the Evolution developers are reading this I'd like to point out
(again) that expecting people to remember and use an obscure,
application-specific backup feature is unrealistic.

Imagine for a moment that the commands weren't called "backup" and
"restore", but (say) "pack" and "unpack". See what I mean? They have
nothing to do with backups as that term is normally understood. In
that
light, the only obscure thing about them is their name, which as
I've
said I think should be changed.

I was also wondering about a better name... what about "Export
Evolution data" and "Import Evolution data"? Despite they would be
similar to the below "Import..." menu item, I think that they would
be  clearly understood as different things (evo vs external data)

Bye,
Andrea

poc