Re: [Evolution] Backing up Evolution Data

On Tue, 2015-09-08 at 10:10 -0400, John Lauterbach wrote:
It would be a nice addition to evolution to be able to schedule
backups at a
certain time each day.  I use SpiderOak for offsite backup.  If I
could have
evolution do this automatically, I would never lose more than a day's
e-mail.

As has been said repeatedly, the "backup" command in Evo is not
intended for periodic backups but for when you need to move your Evo
installation to another machine. For one thing, it requires Evo to be
running (not much use if you want to schedule it at fixed times). For
another, it doesn't do incremental backups but takes a complete
snapshot every time. This is almost never what you want in a production
context. Use a real backup system, of which there are many in Linux (I
use rsnapshot to a local NAS, but YMMV). You are backing up your systemanyway aren't you?

I think the command should have a different name to avoid this being
brought up time and again, though nothing occurs to me offhand.

poc