From: Patrick O'Callaghan <poc usb ve>
To: evolution-list gnome org
Subject: Re: [Evolution] Backing up Evolution Data
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2015 16:55:08 +0100

On Tue, 2015-09-08 at 10:10 -0400, John Lauterbach wrote:
It would be a nice addition to evolution to be able to schedule backups at a certain time each day. I use SpiderOak for offsite backup. If I could have evolution do this automatically, I would never lose more than a day's e-mail.
As has been said repeatedly, the "backup" command in Evo is not intended for periodic backups but for when you need to move your Evo installation to another machine. For one thing, it requires Evo to be running (not much use if you want to schedule it at fixed times). For another, it doesn't do incremental backups but takes a complete snapshot every time. This is almost never what you want in a production context. Use a real backup system, of which there are many in Linux (I use rsnapshot to a local NAS, but YMMV). You are backing up your systemanyway aren't you? I think the command should have a different name to avoid this being brought up time and again, though nothing occurs to me offhand. poc _______________________________________________ evolution-list mailing list evolution-list gnome org To change your list options or unsubscribe, visit ... https://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/evolution-list