Re: [Evolution] keyring?

On Tuesday, October 20, 2015 7:26 AM, David Smith <davidleosmith1 yahoo com> wrote:

On Tuesday, October 20, 2015 4:09 AM, Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net> wrote:
On Mon, 2015-10-19 at 15:21 -0700, David Smith wrote:

When I try to use evolution, I get a message about
The reported error was "Failed to obtain an access token for
'???? ??? com': No credentials found in the keyring".

Note that I'm not using gnome because it stopped working. I'm now
using Xfce on the Fedora distribution. I recently decided to try to
use evolution, but I cannot because of this error.

Any ideas?

3.12.11

"Roy W. Reese" <waterbearer54 gmx com>
make sure you have gnome-keyring in applications to run at startup

Yep.

Milan Crha <mcrha redhat com>
Do you have your account
configured through it? Go to the Online Accounts (run
gnome-control-center
Thank you both for your information. I didn't associate Milan Crha's bit of info with evolution, but followed
you just in case and now evolution works.

What went wrong?
Father Time meets the Android. When I first installed Xfce to be able to use my computer to fight gnome (and,
finally, losing) I set up the accounts directly. However, I wasn't using evolution and because I was using a
different account to email fedora about the problem, I didn't check up on the email of the online account
that I entered in. (It must have been a few days later) I remember finding the email from GMail informing me
that someone with an *android* was trying to access my account and I didn't allow it. This computer is a
linux, no android in it, and I didn't associate the two. Anyway, when I check a little while ago, Online
Accounts said that the info was out of date, so I re-entered the info.

THIS TIME, the same message came up and I saw it within minutes. An "aha!" moment occurred. I'm allowing this
so-called android to access the account and evolution is now happy.