Re: [Evolution] Hundreds of copies in Sent/Drafts

On Sun, 2015-10-11 at 14:51 +0200, Roland Wammers wrote:
Apparently when hitting the send/save button, Evolution will send the
message (which is really delivered), but when it tries to store a
copy in the Sent folder, this action is repeated over and over and
over again - same story with the Drafts folder. Using

CAMEL_DEBUG=imapx:io evolution

I have been able to verify that Evolution is storing the same message
repetitively on the server which is carried out by the server without
complaining.

Needless to say, this is really annoying and makes using Evolution
rather cumbersome at the moment. Are any of you seeing the same
issue? Do you have any idea what I might do to overcome this? TIA!

        Hi,
I store my sent messages on an IMAP account too, but do not get any
such issue as you see. It can depend on couple things, as Pete said in
his post, together with his analyse, with which I agree.

The information to debug this is:
- what the server you connect to is (if it's not a private server, in
  that case at least the server "provider", if you know it (like cyrus,
  courier, dovecot, ...))
- the relevant imapx:io debug log part, sanitized for private
  information; namely looking into the part between two repeated
  APPEND commands, without actual message content
- try whether simple right-click of any message in a different account
  and choosing Copy To Folder, while picking any folder on the affected
  server, also suffers of the issue. It's important to choose the
  source message from any other Mail account (can be On This Computer),
  because otherwise server-side COPY command is used, which avoids
  the APPEND command completely.

By the way, the 3.18.x contains a massive change in the IMAPx
concurrent connections handling, which should avoid those known issues
with concurrent connections and the GMail server. It's still 'should',
because my GMail traffic is close to none, thus I cannot properly
verify it.
        Thanks and bye,
        Milan