Re: [Evolution] Socket I/O time out in IMAP IDLE connections

On Mon, 2015-03-09 at 08:24 +0100, Milan Crha wrote:
On Thu, 2015-03-05 at 17:06 +0100, Florian Baumann wrote:
Do you know something I could do to further debug this?

        Hi,
not much, except of some gdb debugging. You might verify that the
function imapx_server_set_connection_timeout() from here:

https://git.gnome.org/browse/evolution-data-server/tree/camel/providers/imapx/camel-imapx-server.c?h=evolution-data-server-3-12#
n1216

is called, and all the code in it is executed. Looking at it, it can
be that your connection isn't a GSocketConnection or it doesn't have a
socket, thus the timeout couldn't be changed, but that's unlikely,
from my point of view.

So I recompiled evolution and evolution-data-server with debug symbols
enabled. As it turns out, the G_IS_SOCKET_CONNECTION check returns
false, so it the function immediately returns.