Re: [Evolution] Socket I/O time out in IMAP IDLE connections

Milan Crha <mcrha <at> redhat.com> writes:

On Wed, 2015-03-04 at 13:40 +0100, Florian Baumann wrote:
Hello,

I recently switch over from Thunderbird to Evolution 3.12.11 on an
Arch Linux installation. Unfortunately, the IMAP IDLE capability of
Evolution does not work, as the Socket keeps timing out, after 90
seconds, while it is waiting for the next "* Ok Still here".

I'm using Dovecot 2.2.15 on my mail server, with the default
imap_idle_notify_interval of 120 seconds.

I did find this commit [1], which supposedly  only sets a time out
for non-IMAPX connections, but this doesn't seem to work for me?

        Hi,
is the evolution-data-server also 3.12.11? It doesn't look like that
to me. The commit you cited (can be seen colored also here [2]) turns
off the connection timeout when the IMAPx runs IDLE and turns it back
on, if there was any value. If that doesn't work, then maybe it's a
GLib issue, even it's unlikely. The timeout itself reminded me of [3].

Do you use multiple concurrent connections for that IMAP account? It's
shown in Receiving Options in account Properties.

        Bye,
        Milan

[2]
https://git.gnome.org/browse/evolution-data-server/commit/?id=ece2bc46ce8
[3]
https://git.gnome.org/browse/evolution-data-server/commit/?id=40335762eb4

Thank you for your answer, Milan.

Yes, the evolution-data-server is at 3.12.11 as well.
The number of concurrent connections is set to 5. I guess it was default
value, I can't remember, that I changed it at any time. As far as I can
tell, evolution isn't using more than one connection per account though.
They would be called [imapx:A], [imapx:B] and so forth, right?

Just fyi, I have a total of three accounts configured, to of which are
hosted by my own email server, the third one is hosted by my university. The
connections are timing out for all three of them.

Thank you
Florian