Re: [Evolution] Duplicate spam

On Tue, 2015-06-09 at 10:35 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:

I don't think "Major ISP" and "reputable software" always go together.

Yes your right :-)

You can probably find out the IMAP server by looking at the responses
when connecting the server.

I'm having trouble finding this out, I think this is the initial server
response:
* OK [CAPABILITY IMAP4rev1 LITERAL+ SASL-IR LOGIN-REFERRALS ID ENABLE
IDLE STARTTLS AUTH=PLAIN AUTH=LOGIN] Hello there.

If there are messages being marked as deleted and the folder is
expunged, and then the messages are re-appearing, then something is
wrong somewhere - either the messages aren't really being marked as
deleted or something else is restoring their state.

You need to keep the processes down to a minimum and just log the
errant behaviour.  So cut down the number of concurrent connections
used to 1 (Edit->Preferences->[select account]->Edit->Receiving
Options) and then start Evo with the logging enabled, do the single
operation that causes a problem (in this case delete the errant
messages, expunge, go to another folder, come back so the messages re
-appear) then shutdown Evo.  That way you have a better chance of
spotting where the problem is.  What you are looking for are the IMAP
commands to delete and expunge the messages, and the server's response
to those commands.

P.

Ive attached the section of the log that I believe relates to the folder
being expunged, evo was launched with CAMEL_DEBUG=all, my other accounts
disabled and connections down to 1. When selecting Expunge, nothing
happens, the folder does not change at all. Reading through the logs it
looks to me like expunge is completed successfully?
Are there errors in this log i cant see?

Thanks,
Dean.