Re: [Evolution] IMAP Folders disappear

Il giorno gio, 23/07/2015 alle 13.47 +0200, Milan Crha ha scritto:
On Tue, 2015-07-21 at 15:33 +0200, Andrea Vai wrote:
Don't know if it matters, but that "no such table" message seems to
be related to the problem.

      Hi,
the "no such table" error is fine, there is nothing stored in the
[GMail] folder, thus it has no table created. There is not needed to
capture "all" debug, it's usually too much output. You can focus on
IMAPx only, with something like:
   $ CAMEL_DEBUG=imapx:io evolution &>log.txt

Hi Milan, and thank you for the reply, and for the hint. So, I am trying
to produce a log of imapx:io regarding the part immediately after the
disappearing of the folders. I am attaching the first one here, hope can
help.

Following the other messages in this thread, I suppose the folders are
gone after the update interval is reached and the evolution tries to
refresh the account. Weird it happens to you, I have configured a GMail
account directly in the evolution too, for many months, and I do not
recall seeing any such issue.
Well, I confirm it looks very strange to me too, because it's been
working for years, and I did not change anything in the configuration of
gmail or evo, recently. The only thing I did is run evolution after some
days of inactivity... I also had the out-of-office gmail option active last
week (and it has been automatically disabled by gmail), that's the only "change"
I am aware of in terms of gmail account.

 There had been bug reports about
disappearing IMAP folders, mostly related to public folders or
subscriptions. These had been fixed for 3.16.3/3.16.4 for sure.
OK thanks for the info, I could even consider to upgrade (and maybe
change distribution (!)) if it will be strictly necessary

I do not think unchecking "Show only subscribed folders" in account
preferences will make any difference, the problem will be most likely
elsewhere. (If you happen to have it checked.)
Yes, I confirm it was unchecked

Do the folders disappear, when you right-click the account name and
choose "Refresh". That tries to update folder structure too.
Yes, this makes them disappear, indeed.
I now use this method to produce the problem, so the log below is the part immediately after the click on
"Refresh".

To make them appear again, I do: Right-click on the account name >
Manage Subscriptions > uncheck and re-check one of the subfolders of the
[Gmail] folder.

Thank you very much for your help,
Andrea

(Attached: imapx:io log.)