Re: [Evolution] Evolution doesn't start

On Tue, 2015-02-24 at 23:44 +0100, Jörg Jenetzky wrote:
and GConf path /apps/evolution,
not found (only in /usr/share and many other "gconf"-files)

or GSettings path /org/gnome/evolution
not found (though "gsettings" in multiple directories)

        Hi,
none of the both is 'path' in a meaning of 'path in the file system'.
Those are paths in the respective program. Your version (likely)
doesn't use GSettings, I mentioned it only for completeness, thus
let's focus on the GConf. After all, as I explained in another email
in this thread, there's the problem you have, in the account
configuration. You said you'll clean that up, but you probably didn't.

Anyway, logout from your window manager, switch to a text console
(Ctrl+Alf+F3), login there, then run this command:
   $ gconftool-2 --recursive-unset /apps/evolution/

Then logout here and switch back to the graphical interface (can be
Alt+F1 or Alt+F7 or maybe another Alt+Fx key, it depends on your
distribution settings). You should login to evolution with absolutely
no account settings, like with the fresh new user.

Still crashes.

I suppose with the same backtrace, which makes sense, when you didn't
cleanup GConf settings.

        Bye,
        Milan