[Evolution] EWS Cannot resolve hostname

Hi

I've configured Evolution to connect to our exchange server with EWS.
Versions are:

evolution     3.10.4-0ubuntu1
evolution-ews 3.10.2-0ubuntu2

Everything went smoothly with the configuration - the correct URL was
found - but when I try to authenticate I get this debugging output:

< HTTP/1.1 2 Cannot resolve hostname (exchange.our.domain)
< Soup-Debug-Timestamp: 1424816438
< Soup-Debug: ESoapMessage 0 (0x7fccc800d140)

/etc/resolv.conf has the correct name servers listed and the hostname
resolves with host, nslookup or dig. Adding the exchange servers
address to /etc/hosts made no difference. Removing the entry
'mdns4_minimal [NOTFOUND=return]' from /etc/nsswitch.conf also made
no difference.

The same settings are working fine on Centos 7 with evolution 3.8.5.

Any idea why EWS can't resolve the server hostname on Ubuntu 14.04?

Thanks
--
Ian