Re: [Evolution] Evolution doesn't start

Hi Milan,

am 24.02.2015 um 09:43 schrieb Milan Crha:
[...]
it's crashing, because one of your local accounts has malformed URL.

The above quoted part shows the malformed URL, which probably happened
during restore from a backup.
Yes, I tried to restore from a backup-file on a new installation, which
didn't work out from the step
gconftool --load=$HOME/.local/share/evolution/backup-restore-gconf.xml

After that the segfault occured and I had been unable to fix it - until now.

[...] I would remove the account definition
in gconf-editor, from /apps/evolution/mail/accounts key, which is a
list of configured accounts. Check either for the item with the
EVO_USERDATADIR or the local_mbox. Evolution should start properly
once you remove it, or correct the URL, unless there are more affected
accounts configured.
There are AFAIK four accounts in the set.
I will sort that out.

Thank you.

Best regards

-jj-
--
Betreuungsbüro Jörg Jenetzky
Postfach 500 640 * 22706 Hamburg

Telefon: 040 - 55 77 35 50
Telefax: 040 - 55 77 35 51
Bürozeiten MO, MI, FR, 10.00 - 14.00 Uhr

GPG-Fingerprint: AEE2 190E 31AD 3823 301A 9557 1111 04F8 31B5 BD1C