Re: [Evolution] Evolution 3.85/Centos7/SSL does not work

On Thu, 2015-04-23 at 19:50 -0700, Lee Moberg wrote:
Good question, I can't check now.

The version of Evolution in CentOS 7 is 3.8.5

 I removed Centos 7 and put Centos 6
back with the older version of Evolution that did not have the SSL
issue.  There are too many things in the version of Gnome on Centos 7 I
didn't like.

That'll be Gnome 3.  Gnome 3 is a Good Thing. But this is not the place
for that sort of discussion.  It's just different, that's all.

It would be fine for a server sitting in a rack someplace,
but as my personal workstation I'm not going to put up with it.

Well, from a server admin's point of view, RHEL7 / CentOS7 is much more
geared up for graphical interfaces and use as a workstation!

  Feels
too much like Windows the way things got renamed, moved or removed,

I can't think of anything more removed from Windows than Gnome3!
Although I do dislike some of the extensions RHEL7 has put on it to try
and make it more "comfortable" for users.

tweaking the configuration was a pain (like icon and font sizes, by
default it reminded me of Windows in safe mode).

What you need is 'gnome-tweak-tool' - that's how you change how Gnome
looks.

 I'll give it a couple
of years to mature and try it again.

It is mature - it's already had a few years, that's the point of
RHEL/CentOS.  Nothing fundamental is going to change in the lifetime of
that particular OS.  If want the "proper" Gnome3 experience, try Fedora
- F22 is out in a month or so and that has Gnome 3.16 on it.

P.