[Evolution] Evolution 3.85/Centos7/SSL does not work

I have been trying to get SSL working with evolution 3.85 working with
SSL.  I have had version 2.32.3 working on Centos 6.x for over a year,
and recently installed Centos 7 on another partition, exported the
configuration from 2.32.3, rebooted into Centos 7, imported the backup
and cannot get it to connect to my mail server.

Error while Fetching mail from 'my ISP mail server'
Could not connect to 'my ISP mail server':995:  SSL peer was not
expecting a handshake message it received.

Verified working settings in Evolution 2.32.3:

Receiving mail
type pop
server my ISP mail server   port 995
SSL encryption
Auth type: password

Sending mail
type smtp
server my ISP mail server   port 465
server requires authentication checked
Use Secure connection SSL
Authentication type plain

I was never asked for a password when I try to connect, until I turn SSL
off, then it asks for a password.  However, the checkbox 'remember
password' is not visible anyplace.