Re: [Evolution] per-message From: header

No, it's not flame bait.  It is an opinion I have seen expressed
frequently and one to which I subscribe.  I think it's a mis-feature -
both the "feature" of using throw-away email addresses and the "feature"
of being able to change the from header.

it wasn't the opinion itself I was referring to, it was the manner in
which it was expressed, and the complete lack of support for the
assertions being made (e.g. it was "a bad idea, and it will not
accomplish" my goal).

Oh, and it sounds quite rude to talk about someone in the 3rd person on
a mailing list that you know they are subscribed to - you wouldn't do
that if they were in the same room.

that's a fair point - it's not something I'd likely do over dinner.  But
I might at a town hall with hundreds of people if I were addressing the
community more than the individual.

Adam, my apologies, I respect your other contributions to this forum and
appreciate your participation in general.
Carl