Re: [Evolution] per-message From: header

Surely it's up to the receiver to decide whether or not he/she wants to
be difficult to communicate with. I don't understand your hostility to
the idea.

I don't either.  It sounded like flame bait, which I was about to take,
but as it seems generally out of character for him I'm inclined to chalk
it up to something going on that I don't know about and ignore it.

No, it's not flame bait.  It is an opinion I have seen expressed
frequently and one to which I subscribe.  I think it's a mis-feature -
both the "feature" of using throw-away email addresses and the "feature"
of being able to change the from header.

But it's been implemented for the next version of Evolution, so there's
nothing we can do about it (it's not really likely to be removed now
it's been put in) so there's little point in continuing to discuss it or
argue the merits (or not) of it.

Oh, and it sounds quite rude to talk about someone in the 3rd person on
a mailing list that you know they are subscribed to - you wouldn't do
that if they were in the same room.

P.