Re: [Evolution] per-message From: header

Quoting Carl Schaefer <schaefer trilug org>:
I like to give a different email address to everybody who asks so that
it's easy to blacklist the ones that attract spam.  For example:
hertz mydomain com
jetblue mydomain com
hyatt mydomain com
etc.
Is there a way to get Evolution to send mail with a custom From: header

No clue, probably not.

This is a bad idea, and it will not accomplish your goal.

All this does is defeat the purpose of e-mail, which is communication. You are just making yourself more difficult to communicate with, and accomplishing nearly nothing.

that could be specified independently for each message, e.g.
Carl Schaefer <hertz mydomain com>
without defining a separate account in Edit->Preferences->Mail Accounts
for each such From: address?  That approach works, but it doesn't scale
to the number of addresses I have.
My other mail client (emacs) makes this very easy, since I can edit the
headers as plain text, just like the body.