Re: [Evolution] Your message was sent, but an error occurred during post-processing.

On Sun, 2014-10-05 at 23:43 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:

But at the very beginning when Evo loads there is this:

(evolution:25940): camel-WARNING **: Failed to initialize NSS SQL
database in sql:/etc/pki/nssdb: NSS error -8126

(evolution:25940): camel-WARNING **: Cannot load summary file
'/home/chris/.local/share/evolution/mail/1283386590 6219 2 localhost/.ev-store-summary': Unknown error

I don't think they are a problem - just warning messages.

Another error that is further down the log shows this when I run Evo
with this command and also with the command above:

CAMEL_DEBUG=mail:io evolution >& /home/chris/evodebug1.txt

(evolution:25025): evolution-mail-WARNING **: Failed to refresh folder
'ChrisP: INBOX/directory': Error refreshing folder: Mailbox does not
exist, or must be subscribed to.

Again, I don't think that's serious - if you are subscribed to a folder
try unsubscribing, then re-subscribing; I suspect the message will then
go away.

So, if you want to take a look at the file at pastebin and tell me what
you think I'd appreciate it. In my Maildir folder there is no 'INBOX'
folder, Inbox has three separate folders cur, new and tmp.

'INBOX' is the namespace that courier presents to the IMAP client, so
there isn't an actual folder called 'INBOX' - think of it as the name
given to the place where the mail folders reside.

Remember I
did not have this issue until upgrading to Evo 3.12.6. Worked fine in
the previous version.

Yes, I understand that.  But presumably you not only upgraded Evo, but
other things, like courier, as well when you changed your machine?
Things do change in Evo as versions change - but you never said what the
previous version of Evo was so I don't know exactly what is different.
When I built the Ubuntu 14.04 box back in July it was running Evo 3.10.? (can't remember)
there were no problems with Evo.
About a week or so ago is when I upgraded to 14.04.1 and Evo 3.12.6
that's when the problems began.
Anyway, I can't see anything obvious in the logs. To be honest it has
the feel of something being too fast - as if it's trying to do something
before another process has completed.

How do you connect to the IMAP server?  i.e. what address do you put in
the "IMAP server name" box?

Address is 127.0.0.1, port 143

You could also try accessing these mail folders directly as a Maildir
account within Evo rather than using Courier/IMAP as an intermediary.

P.
I went to the account that I guess can be called 'local' it's named 'on this computer' mail
sent from that appears to have no issues.