Re: [Evolution] Your message was sent, but an error occurred during post-processing.

I'm not entirely clear about something here - your screen shot shows
that the sent folder is "ChrisP/INBOX/Sent" - so presumably the
Evolution account "ChrisP" is a Maildir folder on your own computer?  If
so, then surely the folder name should be ".INBOX.Sent"?  Or if the
"INBOX" mail folder is really the "Inbox" (other than just being called
that!), then it would be "..Sent". The .Sent directory refers to the
Maildir folder "ChrisP/Sent".

Correct, all mail goes to a Maildir folder with their own '.' name. This
is exactly the same way Evo was setup on my old Mandriva box before it
died including the settings that were in the screenshot. All that should
be doing is telling Evo that 'Sent' is a separate folder in the Maildir
folder. Maybe I should have mentioned, if I didn't, that I have this
setup as a local IMAP account using CourierIMAP so in the Maildir folder
I have cur, new, tmp for the INBOX and the rest of the folders are in
'.' format. that have their own cur, new, tmp folders. But, you probably
know this.

Why not just have it as a local Maildir account rather than getting
Courier involved in it?

Anyway, presumably the setup of having all the mail folders appearing to
hang off INBOX is a Courier config thing and is just presentational
rather than reflecting the structure of the folders on the disk.

 And again, this problem doesn't happen every time but it's
intermittent. For instance I just replied to another post on this list
and it saved to the correct 'Sent' folder. I guess the real question is
what does this mean:

Error appending message: Stream has outstanding operation

It's a Glib error - from the source code:

======
  if (stream->priv->pending)
    {
      g_set_error (error, G_IO_ERROR, G_IO_ERROR_PENDING,
                      /* Translators: This is an error you get if there is
                       * already an operation running against this stream when
                       * you try to start one */
                      _("Stream has outstanding operation"));
      return FALSE;
    }
=====

Can you see from the logs if the error is generated by Evo or is it
passed back to Evo by Courier?  It strikes me that some thread may be
having problems writing -  the problem is finding what: is it Courier
writing to the disk or Evo writing to IMAP.

P.