Re: [Evolution] Your message was sent, but an error occurred during post-processing.

I can't find any logs for courier or the imap daemon anywhere.

I think Courier uses syslog, so they will be in one of the standard log
files.  You may have to have a look at the courier configuration to see
what service and severity the logs are issued as - and possibly adjust
the syslog config to put them somewhere sensible.  You may have to
enable some debugging level to see more detail.

 The issue
is still intermittent. Of 5 test posts to myself 2 saved to the right
sent folder the other 3 showed the error. Stopping the imap daemon of
course kills the connection.

Have you run Evolution from the command line to see if there are any
errors you aren't seeing.  You may need to turn on some debugging
variables as well to see more detail.

P.