Re: [Evolution] Disable IMAP MOVE usage?

On Fri, 2014-11-21 at 08:18 +0100, Milan Crha wrote:
On Thu, 2014-11-20 at 10:56 +0000, Pete Biggs wrote:
It has also completely changed my work flow for the new server:
I want mail to be filtered into different folders, but having the
marked-as-deleted message in my INBOX meant I was essentially
alerted > to the fact that there was something new that had been
filtered; at
the moment I am missing mails because I don't see that something has
arrived.  (If I want them to be filtered without being in my INBOX, I
do it on the server using the MTA.)

        Hi,
do you have shown deleted messages,

Yes, but the messages aren't deleted, they are moved, and in this brave
new IMAP+ era, moved doesn't mean COPY+DELETE, they are moved and no
trace is left in the original folder.  The same thing happens when I
drag and drop messages from one folder to another - which confused me
greatly when it first happened, especially because when the messages
disappear, the selected message wasn't the one I thought it was.  It's
also confusing that the behaviour differs between different IMAP
accounts depending on what the backend server is.

 or what the workflow is, please?
The filters may not mark messages as read, thus whatever folder they
end in they should increase unread count on it and eventually add a
"new emblem" for that folder, indicating that a new message had been
added to the folder since it was last viewed.

The folder the messages are filtered into currently has about 25k
messages in it, of which 14254 of them are unread - adding more messages
isn't obvious.  These are messages from a local work mailing list -
there are things from the list I need to know about, some are critical,
most aren't, but having a separate archive is very useful for searching
for past information.  When the moved messages left a deleted message in
my INBOX, I could see if there was anything I needed to take notice of
before expunging.

I should add that I already filter messages on the server - these are
things like log messages from a couple of hundred machines, messages
from system monitoring equipment, boring maillists, social media, etc.
that I don't want in my INBOX.  But there are some things that I need to
have in my INBOX so that I can see important things.

Is there anyway to stop Evolution from using the IMAP MOVE command,
even though it's advertised as a capability?

No, there is no way to disable it.

OK. Thanks.

Or am I going to have to re-write my filters?

Maybe like adding "[Unset Status] [Read]" to make the message unread,
but that really should not be needed.

I've re-written the filters to explicitly do "COPY" then "DELETE" on the
messages to mimic the previous behaviour.  It seems to be OK.

P.