Re: [Evolution] [SOLVED] Evo freezes during rendering of very large messages

I don't believe this is solved. I had an issue with this as well. I
cannot even read large text messages (10mb)... Have you tried opening
the email in a normal window? The same thing happens, so it's not
solved. Thunderbird has no problems opening and displaying the 10mb text
email. Neither does any other client. This was the major show stopper
for continuing to use Evolution. I will come back and try it from time
to time (which is the reason I am still on this mailing list) with newer
versions because it's very feature rich, but I have moved to using
DavMail/Thunderbird for now for purely functionality/pragmatic reasons.

-e

On 11/17/2014 02:05 AM, Per wrote:
On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 4:09 PM, Patrick O'Callaghan <poc usb ve
<mailto:poc usb ve>> wrote:

    On Fri, 2014-11-14 at 09:29 -0800, Per wrote:
     > Evo 3.10.4
     >
     > I receive some very large log files by email (text format, logs
    in email
     > body).
     >
     > When I click to select/view the message, Evo CPU usage jumps and then
     > becomes unresponsive (did not have patience to wait > 5 min). Evo
    has to be
     > force quit.

    Turn off the preview pane (toggle View->Preview->Show Message Preview or
    hit Ctrl-M).

​Thanks! This allowed me to bypass the preview and delete the message.

  - Per
​

The information contained in this transmission contains privileged and confidential information. It is
intended only for the use of the person named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any review, dissemination, distribution or duplication of this communication is strictly
prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all
copies of the original message.

CAUTION: Intended recipients should NOT use email communication for emergent or urgent health care matters.

--

Thanks,
E. Recio

| E. Recio                   | AIM: emrecio       |
| 833 Chestnut East; Ste 600 | Wrk: 215.503.2131  |
| Philadelphia, PA 19107     | Pgr: 877.656.1864  |

        -- Unknown source