Re: [Evolution] Keyring problems (again)

On Tue, 2014-11-18 at 17:00 +0000, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

This is Evo 3.10.4 on Fedora 20. I'm running KDE 4.14 for what it's
worth. I haven't changed any part of my Evo configuration in several
months, though I do update my system (from the stable repos) every
morning.

About a week ago, Evo starting asking for my account password whenever
I started up, and again every time I tried to send a message.

I went into Seahorse and checked both the Login and Default passwords.
They are both set to my KDE login password. I deleted all entries
starting with Evolution, logged out and in again, and tried again.

Now Evo asks for the account password on starting, but will not accept
the password I give it (which of course is the correct one and is the
same I used to log into Gmail to send this). Before anyone asks, my
CAPSLOCK key is not on ...

I find there are often 2 or 3 gnome-keyring-d processes running. One
of them corresponds to environment variables GNOME_KEYRING_CONTROL
and GNOME_KEYRING_PID. The others appear to be left over from previous
login sessions, even though I have the following:

cat .kde/shutdown/stop-custom.sh
#/bin/sh
if [-n "$GNOME_KEYRING_PID"]; then
        kill $GNOME_KEYRING_PID
fi

I tried completely removing .gnome2/keyring2/*. No difference.

Restored from backup. No difference (and file ownership and
permissions appear to be correct).

Tried logging out of KDE and going into Gnome. Same behaviour as
regards Evolution.

I'm out of ideas. Any suggestions?

poc

I'm using openSuse 13.1 with Evo 3.10.4 and KDE only 4.11 and am also
using the Gnome keyring.  I do not have this problem.  I also have Gnome
installed and still do not see the problem UNLESS my mail server is
unreachable for whatever reason.

First, are you SURE your mail server is up and running correctly?
Have you tried with a different user?  Have you tried removing Gnome
keyring and telling Evo to use the KDE password utility?

Do you want to contact me off list and I'll set up a temp email account
to try?

Bart