Re: [Evolution] Keyring problems (again)

On Tue, 18 Nov 2014 17:00:48 +0000
"Patrick O'Callaghan" <poc usb ve> wrote:
About a week ago, Evo starting asking for my account password
[...] every time I tried to send a message.

That happens when Evolution assumes to have no bug, but that something
is fishy with a (POP/)SMTP server connection :D. Today I forced
Evolution to shut down, because it took minutes to contact the server.
Most likely without forcing the shutdown, Evolution would have ask for
the password. I'm migrating to Claws Mail. I never experienced any of
the tons of issues I experience 100 times each day when using
Evolution, if I use Claws Mail instead. I only will keep Evolution in
the future to send 72 chars wrapped lines in combination with
preformatted lines of code, this isn't provided by Claws Mail and I
still will use Evolution to be able to search old mails, while
searching mails with Evolution also is more than just fishy.

About a week ago, Evo starting asking for my account password whenever
I started up [...]

For my openbox and JWM sessions Evolution doesn't ask for the
"master" password after launching it, when I start Evolution nearly
after login. If I wait some time and then start Evolution, then it asks
for the "master" password. I don't experience this issue with Claws
Mail. Perhaps Evolution nowadays is designed to run on GNOME 3 only.

YMMV!
Ralf