[Evolution] Evolution 3.12.7 debian - Maildir directories name corruption

Hi,

I uses Evolution 3.12.7 on Debian testing. This is a problem which bugs me enormously and I have no clue
where it comes from:

I have created a Maildir with subfolders.

The Maildir looks like this

Mymail

->cur
->new
->temp
->.subfolder1
->.subfolder1.subsubfolder2
->.subfolder1.subsubfolder2
->.subfolder1.subsubfolder2.subsubsubfolder1

essentially the subfolders are all kept on the same level as the root, start with a dot and further levels
down the hierarchy are kept on the same level as root, but have the hierarchy expressed by having dot
separators in the name.

The folders are either ongoing populated by an MDA or are simply archival - i.e. no ongoing population, just
static in nature.

Now, on starting up Evolution will recreate its own hierarchy of folders with the same name, but starting
with ._2E, will copy all mail over into that hierachy and eventually delete the starting folders.

And every time I start up Evolution it will do the same all over again - create new folders with ever
expanding _2E (or 5F) strings in the name. If I close it down before it has finished its task of copying all
mail over into this new hierarchy it gets really wild as I will than have increasing numbers of hierarchies
each with some or all mail inside and each hierarchy with different lengths of _2E5F5F... in the name
inserted. Dots in the mid of the name (folder hierarchies are also replaced by _2E etc.

So after a while my mailbox may look like this

Mymail

->cur
->new
->temp
->._2E5F5F5F5Fsubfolder1
->._2E5F5F5F5Fsubfolder1._2E5F5F5F5Fsubsubfolder2
->._2E5F5F5F5Fsubfolder1._2E5F5F5F5Fsubsubfolder2
->._2E5F5F5F5Fsubfolder1._2E5F5F5F5Fsubsubfolder2._2E5F5F5F5Fsubsubsubfolder1
->...

or even much worse. The .cmeta files will be named similarly

Now, I have stopped this on most occasions by doing repeatedly a radical delete and rename of folders and of
.cmeta files, but right now I am fighting with one set of Maildirs - the other one is now finally "come to
rest" and works just fine.

To be honest I am entirely clueless what is the background and do not even know where to start looking. I had
the same experience on Ubuntu 13.10 and 14.04 (and whatever incarnation of Evo they are using) but things
came to a rest after one or two "culls and renames" and I stopped worrying. Now, here in Debian I am still
fighting and I also think this should probably be raised on the list.

Also - the Maildir which has come to rest is now displayed in Evolution just like I expect as a tree of
nested folders, while the "active" one is shown as a flat list of folders with the 2E/5Fs in their name.

Any suggestions?

Peter