Re: [Evolution] Evolution 3.12.7 debian - Maildir directories name corruption

I have created a Maildir with subfolders.

The Maildir looks like this

Mymail

->cur
->new
->temp
->.subfolder1
->.subfolder1.subsubfolder2
->.subfolder1.subsubfolder2
->.subfolder1.subsubfolder2.subsubsubfolder1

Can I just clarify something.  Is this in Evolutions private files
storage (i.e. ~/.local/share/evolution/mail/local) or external to it?

Also, can I just check that .subfolder etc. are actually filesystem
directories containing cur, new & tmp?

Now, on starting up Evolution will recreate its own hierarchy of
folders with the same name, but starting with ._2E, will copy all mail
over into that hierachy and eventually delete the starting folders.

Any suggestions?

It sounds like what Evo does when upgrading a non-Maildir filestore to
Maildir.  But it usually only does that to it's own internal storage and
then only when detecting that the files are mbox files containing mail
(hence my questions).

Try starting Evolution from the command line - if the upgrade process is
attempting to run, you will see messages to that effect.

P.