Re: [Evolution] Evolution 3.12.7 debian - Maildir directories name corruption

Peter Von Kaehne wrote:
Hi,

I uses Evolution 3.12.7 on Debian testing. This is a problem which bugs me enormously and I have no clue
where it comes from:

I have created a Maildir with subfolders.

Now, I have stopped this on most occasions by doing repeatedly a radical delete and rename of folders and
of .cmeta files, but right now I am fighting with one set of Maildirs - the other one is now finally "come
to rest" and works just fine.

To be honest I am entirely clueless what is the background and do not even know where to start looking. I
had the same experience on Ubuntu 13.10 and 14.04 (and whatever incarnation of Evo they are using) but
things came to a rest after one or two "culls and renames" and I stopped worrying. Now, here in Debian I am
still fighting and I also think this should probably be raised on the list.

Also - the Maildir which has come to rest is now displayed in Evolution just like I expect as a tree of
nested folders, while the "active" one is shown as a flat list of folders with the 2E/5Fs in their name.

Any suggestions?

Peter

Hello Peter,

I recently reported the same issue:
https://mail.gnome.org/archives/evolution-list/2014-September/msg00127.html

While I don't know what makes evolution fail to note that it has already
"migrated" the folders (I hinted some possibilities at the previous
mail), you can stop it by manually creating the ..maildir++ file at the
maildir root:
printf "maildir++ 1" > ..maildir++

Then evolution will notice that the maildir isn't an old version of
evolution maildir and won't start the rename process.

Regards