Re: [Evolution] Evolution performance

On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 12:13 PM, Ralf Mardorf <ralf mardorf rocketmail com> wrote:
On Thu, 2014-05-29 at 10:31 +0400, Emre Erenoglu wrote:
> Hi is it possible that the disk is heavily fragmented or developing
> some bad blocks which forces it to try to read the same location
> several times until it succeeds? Worth making a disk check.

Fragmentation shouldn't be an issue, when using a Linux or BSD file
system.

Yes, this is what it's said about ext, but i don't believe in it much. Any file system can be subject to fragmentation with extensive read write edit operations, in my personal belief :)

For example, my ext4 data partition, fsck states:
DATA: 44595/26689536 files (4.7% non-contiguous), 42054610/106736384 blocks
Although this is a pretty empty partition, I still have 4.7% non-contiguous. Worth checking on your wife's computer, if this is used since long time...

--
Emre