Re: [Evolution] Installation page for the Evolution wiki

On Tue, 2014-05-13 at 11:29 +0100, Pete Biggs wrote:
If there is a distro that needs to have instructions in order to install
Evo, then surely those instructions belong on the distro wiki, not the
app's wiki.

Sure, if someone needs to install Evo on their distro, then they use the
distro's instructions.

This is all about making it as easy as possible for someone to
contribute to the source project. Look at the efforts LibreOffice have
gone to in order to make contributing as easy as possible, and look at
the results.

As I said, I've been keen to contribute to the project in the past, but
until today have run into problems, and I even thought that I had to
compile Gnome from scratch to get the correct dependencies, before I
could even think about compiling Evolution.

If there was a nice and easy "here's how to get started with the source
code", with some examples applicable to people's actual environment,
then I expect more people would contribute to it.

Thanks,

Andy