Re: [Evolution] Installation page for the Evolution wiki

Hi,

On Tue, 2014-05-13 at 10:40 +0100, Andrew Beverley wrote:
I'd like to add an "installation" page to the Evolution wiki. Before I
do so, I wanted to check that I hadn't missed an existing one?

At this stage I only intend to add instructions on how to install
Evolution from source in Ubuntu, but of course more could follow.

If I hear nothing back, then I'll create a new page on the wiki at the
URL https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evolution/Installation

But isn't "installing" to most people doubleclicking on some installer
file and answering some checkboxes in a window, instead of watching some
source code flying by for hours after entering obscure commands in that
black text-only screen?

If the page had a big banner saying "this is for tech users only; use
the software manager of your system to install Evolution in order to not
should yourself in the foot if you don't know what you're doing" that
might work though.

andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net