Re: [Evolution] Installation page for the Evolution wiki

On Tue, 2014-05-13 at 10:40 +0100, Andrew Beverley wrote:
I'd like to add an "installation" page to the Evolution wiki. Before I
do so, I wanted to check that I hadn't missed an existing one?

At this stage I only intend to add instructions on how to install
Evolution from source in Ubuntu, but of course more could follow.

        Hello,
thanks for the effort. Just do not call the page "Installation", please.
As you want to _build_ evolution from sources, then use "Building" name
instead.

There already exists
   https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evolution/Building_Evolution_on_Windows
which might be made subpage/subsection of your new Building wiki page.

An initial view of the structure, from my point of view, would be:
   https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evolution/Building
   - general information about building from sources, with list of common
     issues, like how to setup D-Bus to know where to find services
     from built sources. Then with references to:

     https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evolution/Building/Windows
     - moved information from the Building_Evolution_on_Windows

     https://wiki.gnome.org/Apps/Evolution/Building/Ubuntu
     - your new page

and add more subsections in the future, if/when needed.

        Bye,
        Milan