Re: [Evolution] I/O operation timing out

On Sat, 2014-01-25 at 11:36 -0500, Eric Beversluis wrote:
"but it certainly seems like packets are going astray." How would
anything that Airport or Mac Mail does cause packets to go astray? It
seems like somehow Mac Mail is continuously sending and thus clogging
the mail-receiving ports (995).

That doesn't make a lot of sense. I presume we're talking about 2
different client machines (seems logical since one is Fedora and the
other a Mac, unless Fedora is running on a VM). So how could one of them
clog the POP *download* port of the other, which isn't even directly
connected to it? Unless the Mac is running some kind of DOS bot. Do you
see any other network effects? Are ping times from the Fedora machine to
the mail server affected when the Mac is on?

Also, looking back I see you're using Fedora 17. F17 went EOL about a
year ago, so I'd recommend updating to F20 before proceeding. You'll at
least get a newer version of Evo and the problem might go away.

Finally, are you the OP for this thread? You seem to be using two
different mail accounts.

poc

poc