Re: [Evolution] I/O operation timing out

On Fri, 2014-01-24 at 23:28 +0000, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
On 24 January 2014 22:22, Pete Biggs <pete biggs org uk> wrote:
To be honest it sounds like something is wrong with your NAT
router/firewall in that the packets are being sent to the wrong host -
it could be configuration or it could just be a bug, but it certainly
seems like packets are going astray.

I would agree. The router may not be handling NAT correctly or may be
limiting the number of internal machines it supports. As a first step,
try resetting it to see what happens.

poc

I took my problem to the Genius Bar at Apple, but without any help. The
genius didn't know what Fedora is and even though we could clearly see
that turning on Mac Mail was causing the Evo I/O timeout (at least
intermittently), he claimed that since there didn't seem to be any
problem with the Mac he couldn't do anything.He also kept saying it was
probably a problem with my POP accounts....

I'll try resetting the wireless router and also get a newer modem
(especially since somewhere TimeWarner started charging me $5 or more
per month modem rental for an old 5101...).

"but it certainly seems like packets are going astray." How would
anything that Airport or Mac Mail does cause packets to go astray? It
seems like somehow Mac Mail is continuously sending and thus clogging
the mail-receiving ports (995).

Thanks