Re: [Evolution] Mail List Sorting Issue

        Why don't you just use the search bar - the default is to
        search
        "Subjects or Addresses Contains" so will pick up the name in
        the To:
        header, or if that's too nebulous, you could select
        "Recipients
        contain". Whichever, the list will still be sorted by date.

Yes, that's fine, but I can still have too many mails related to this
person and still need the date sorting.  If I click DATE header, then
I will lose the focus on mails coming from this person, if I click the
TO, then the 2nd level date sort is lost.

So use search to find the person, don't use sort.

What works well in TB is that i can search from:person in the quick
search bar using gmailui, so it's fine. This doesn't work that way in
Evo yet, so if I just write a name, I get all sorts of messages that
includes this person, from, to, cc, etc. etc.

As I said, if the default search is too nebulous then change it to
search on "Recipients contains" (or whatever) by clicking on the
magnifying glass icon to the left of the search bar.

And it will still be sorted by date.

P.